Finding Peace in the Midst of Chaos
An all-day Workshop featuring “The Work” of Byron Katie – August 2016
Life is busy and our minds are filled with stories of what happened, why it happened, why it shouldn’t have happened, and what it means that it happened. These thoughts can leave us in a knot of stress and confusion, frustration and despair.
In this workshop you will have the opportunity to slow down and learn how to apply this meditative inquiry practice in a way that invites simple truths to surface, which bring clarity and peace.
What you will experience:
- The ability to apply a world renowned, potent tool for unraveling suffering and tapping into your deepest truths.
- A safe space where you can slow down and share candidly as you learn how to integrate this powerful process.
- Connection with like-minded people who will do this work alongside you.
This Workshop is for you if:
- You’d like the opportunity to experience The Work with an experienced, skilled certified facilitator in a safe environment.
- You’d like to check out The Work as a meditative practice for finding your own peace.
Benefits of The Work:
- A slowed down mind capable of tracking reality with awareness. This demystifies upsets and allows you to travel lighter.
- The space to understand the tendencies of your own mind, not necessarily to change these tendencies, but to recognize them for what they are and not be thrown off when the mind does what it does. This allows more empathy and understanding for yourself and others.
- An environment where your basic goodness is recognized. When we begin recognizing our underlying goodness we feel safer to look into our suffering and feel more capable of meeting our suffering with understanding and presence rather than fear, resistance, blame, guilt, shame, and self-punishment. We also naturally develop more empathy and understanding for others as we see their underlying goodness.
Dale Steele has 20+ years of experience with thought work and 12+ years of the Work of Byron Katie. He has staffed many events working along side Byron Katie. His experience is broad with a vast array of clients on a wide assortment of stressful situations. For more information, here is a brief bio on Dale. In Dale’s own words, he describes his experience in facilitating this work:
“Because I have personally experienced the trenches of some of life’s most intensely consuming emotional states, and worked with so many people in similar places, its natural for me to join you in your most difficult places and create safe, supportive space for you to reveal to yourself the clarity and peace you seek. Facilitating your peace and helping you learn how to apply this amazing process of meditative inquiry is my privilege and great pleasure.”
- Saturday August 20, 2016, 10 AM to 6 PM.
- Held in the Los Gatos/Saratoga area – details will be forthcoming.
- Lunch and snacks will be served.
- Price $199 per person.
I am thrilled to have this rare opportunity to host a workshop with Dale and hope you can join us!